Saturday, November 8, 2008

This past week...

president-elect barack obamaImage by patrick dentler via FlickrI suppose the biggest news of all is of our new president-elect, no surprise on my part of the outcome, I saw it coming long ago. I guess the nation is ready for change. We shall see what kind of change actually will occur starting 20 Jan. 2009, I'm less than optimistic. As far as some local and state initiatives that made it onto the California ballot I'm fairly pleased with the outcome. The one local initiative that failed to muster enough support that I am really happy about would of raised my rent if it had passed. Sorry Mr. Long Beach Mayor, your shoddy plan didn't go over so well with the residents.

I did have a doctors appointment this past week which was required by the helpful folks from the State Disability Office. It seems they wanted an independent opinion separate from my own doctors. The visit went fine, the doctor will recommend continued disability payments.

I have been focusing a bit more on my other blog, Threat Level: Orange this past week. I'm really excited about helping people secure their PC's. In between of keeping up with existing threats and posting about them I have been making preparations to write a fairly extensive tutorial about one of the strongest methods a user can employ to keep his/her computer secure. Here is a teaser, "Limited User Account + Software Restriction Policy," it's not available in Windows XP Home Edition but I'll show you how to implement it anyways and why you should.

Book cover of Book cover via AmazonI haven't devoted any time to reading my book from the library which is too bad. It's really a good book and has really enlightened me about the history of Russia, it's called Russia And The Russians A History written by Geoffrey Hosking just in case you feel like boning up on your knowledge of Mother Russia.

The family site I created over at sites.google.com to help my family stay better connected has not taken off like I hoped, that kind of bums me out a bit. It may just need some time to catch on.

Otherwise I feel crappy today, mostly a head-ache and tired. I stayed up late last night waiting for my wife to come home from a wrap-up party for all the monsters that worked at the Queen Mary Shipwreck event this past October. I didn't end up falling asleep until around 2:30am and my wife didn't end up getting home until about 4:30am. She says the time just flew by.

As always thanks for read, I will be back.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Who's behind the keyboard?

A guy named James
Long Beach, California, United States
a wanna be pro blogger that likes to write, but partially lacks the necessary skills to do so with any real finesse.
View my complete profile

About This Blog

Something to ponder

"If homosexuality is really genetic, we may soon be able to tell if a fetus is predisposed to homosexuality, in which case many parents might choose to abort it. Will gay rights activists continue to support abortion rights if this occurs?" ...Dale A. Berryhill, The Assault: Liberalism’s Attack on Religion, Freedom, and Democracy


The homosexual agenda threatens the liberties of others while seeking special protection for themselves, however,


...homosexual behavior is not inborn, involuntary, immutable, or innocuous, nor is it found in the Constitution. There is no compelling, logical basis for treating it as a protected category under civil rights laws, or for granting special protection against “discrimination” based on “sexual orientation.” ...Homosexuality is not a Civil Right