Saturday, November 1, 2008

Google rocks! The services I use.


Not only is Google the most-used See Below search engine they also offer a plethora of services all for free.

I have long used Google for all my search needs. Actually, I have never really used another search engine except for a small amount of time when I was managing a business' company website and was watching their rankings in the various search engines. That is when I was first introduced to at least one of Google's free services, Webmaster Tools which allowed for easy tracking of the site I was monitoring.

Later I discovered that Google keeps a record of my search queries called Web History. This is an extremely helpful service. It allows you to go back to previous searches that you did and to see which sites you clicked on as a result of that search. So the next time that you are unable to remember what site you were at remember Web History.

I very quickly adapted to using Google Maps over Mapquest. I find Google Maps is far more superior and add to that Street View, how can you get lost. Another feature of Google Maps that I find really fun is the Satellite View. I have spent hours between Street View and Satellite View traveling to different locations of our planet. This past-time led me to yet another great Google product, Google Earth.

Whenever I am interested in reading or learning more about some particular subject on a more personal note I can rely on Google Blog Search. After finding blogs that I enjoy and want to keep up with I just add their feeds to Google Reader. That sure beats out a crowded bookmark folder, plus you are able to read many posts while never leaving Google Reader.

After deciding that I wanted to blog I discovered Blogger. A free hosted blog platform offered by Google. It was very easy and quick to get started. Blogger allows you to edit your HTML if you desire a more customized look and the opportunity to make some money with Google AdSense.

I also discovered Google Sites. Wow, a free website. I ended up creating a family website. In usual Google fashion everything went perfect in setting the site up, very easy.

I also use Picasa. This is a free photo storage and sharing service offered by Google. I especially like that I can store my photo's there; up to a 1 gig limit, and then link to them from my blog or family site without using any space on either site.

Another feature of Google is that as long as you are signed on to your account you can quickly access your services that you use like your Picasa Web Albums, your Google Calendar, or your Google Reader all from Google.com or even from any Google search results page. I even placed a gadget that lists several of Google's products on the Home page of my family site and when I click on something like for instance Google Calendar I am taken straight way to my personal calendar.

There may be some other services or products that I use but failed to mention but I can say that I have found that everything I have used from Google is great with the exception of Google Chrome. I did have a problem with that and do not currently use it as my browser, maybe I'm just a die-hard Firefox user.

Whatever your looking for just Google it.


Learn more about Google and Google Products at http://www.crunchbase.com/company/google



Google the most-used search engine:

According to Hitwise for the four weeks of September 2008 Google had a search volume of 71.16% with Yahoo coming in second place with a search volume of only 18.06%. MSN and Ask came in 3rd and 4th respectively, both with single digit search volume percentages.







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Who's behind the keyboard?

A guy named James
Long Beach, California, United States
a wanna be pro blogger that likes to write, but partially lacks the necessary skills to do so with any real finesse.
View my complete profile

About This Blog

Something to ponder

"If homosexuality is really genetic, we may soon be able to tell if a fetus is predisposed to homosexuality, in which case many parents might choose to abort it. Will gay rights activists continue to support abortion rights if this occurs?" ...Dale A. Berryhill, The Assault: Liberalism’s Attack on Religion, Freedom, and Democracy


The homosexual agenda threatens the liberties of others while seeking special protection for themselves, however,


...homosexual behavior is not inborn, involuntary, immutable, or innocuous, nor is it found in the Constitution. There is no compelling, logical basis for treating it as a protected category under civil rights laws, or for granting special protection against “discrimination” based on “sexual orientation.” ...Homosexuality is not a Civil Right